I tried this once before, didn't get much traction. However, it's November and you know what that means...people start FREAKING out about holiday craft projects and now people are interested in crafting there 45 minute lunch break away—even if it's only once a week.
Let's talk about Sunday's Thanksgiving dinner. If you read Saturday's post, you will remember that this was the menu:
- Salad: our standard salad
- Ham: from Costco
- Mash potatoes: from Six Sisters
- Stuffing: from a box
- Gravy: from a jar
- Broccoli: Steamed with cheese sauce (from a jar)
- Bread: "fresh baked" from my SIL
- Desserts: Pumpkin Pie w/whipped cream (from my SIL) and a dessert Domestic Rebel
- A bonus appetizer: Baked Ricotta Slather with Garlic and Herbs
The mashed potatoes will be a part of Thanksgiving 2, but add more spice. In-laws are pretty...vanilla so I didn't add much garlic/salt/pepper. But next time it's on!
Dessert was good, but REALLY sweet so I might rethink making that one again. My FIL liked it (perhaps because my MIL doesn't let him have anything), he had a HUGE piece—first was smallish and second was big—and that pissed my MIL off. He's diabetic so he really shouldn't have.
Had plenty of left overs so work has had dessert for multiple days.
Bonus app....not great. Sadly, I plan on loosing the recipe.