Cross stitching


Cross Stitch is my first love.

Probably because it's the first fiber craft I learned--in girl scouts.
I must have been in 2nd or 3rd grade. I remember our meetings being in the school cafeteria. I didn't have a lot of friends in Girl Scouts…the girls in my troop eventually ended up being most of the most popular girls in junior high and high school--not me.
That's OK. I mean, it wasn't then because when you are that age it's all about having friends and being popular.
Now that I have two girls I hope to teach them that that's not the most important thing. Being incisive, nice, smart and friendly will serve you much better in the end.

Anyway…back to cross stitching. I don't really do it often anymore. Not because I don't still love it. I love the end project.
But it takes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to get there. I also feel like it takes too long to get back into it.
Knitting is so much more portable and easy to jump in and out of.

My mom always said that she thought the backs of my finished cross stitch looked as nice as the front. I used to think that was silly, but now it's a source of pride for me.

What do you think? Front is on the left, back is on the right.



This is a project among my half finished crafts--It's done (has been for YEARS) but needs framed. So, that is on my yearly goal list for the week. Get it framed and it'll go into one of the girls room. If you can't read what it says around the angels, it says
"Thank you for my friend next door and my friend across the street and please let me be a friend to everyone I meet."
Good words to live by.

Also on my list is to finish this Christmas piece.



Problem is solid time to work on it.
I've decided it will be Sunday's during the second half of any football game (usually the Colts game). I am very lucky that my dear husband gives me the time ALONE to watch the game. So, first half will be random things that need done (laundry put away, changing sheets…) and the second half will be cross stitching.
I'm pretty happy about this.

Hopfully soon it will look more like this.

Comments

Popular Posts