Pride and Knitting

Well, I have figured out a couple of things:
  • I have some of the best friends on the planet, and I love every one of them! I can't even begin to tell you how important they are to me and how lucky I am that God brought us all together. And I can say this because July was a hard month for me and they have been a huge help just listening to me. Especially Chris and Mindy.

  • I can NOT knit with Hot Green Sugar'n Cream yarn. Everything I have tried to make with it over the lasst month has turned out CRAPPY! So I have just stopped using it!

  • People amaze me. Where they get there conviction/will/direction is sometimes just amazing to me. I watched The Education of Shelby Knox this week, it's a documentary of a sophomore in high school in Lubbock, Texas and how she worked to bring sex education into public schools in her town. Wow!

  • I am loving apple pie! We made apple pies last September at Ryan's. Yes, I said MADE-picked the apples, skinned them, cut them, cooked them to make the filling. and Yes I said LAST September. I froze mine. And since I'm trying to do this live off my stash stuff, I decided I wanted something sweet and maybe that would hit the spot. Not normally an apple pie fan, but I needed something sweet. It's really good! I made it Friday night and I'm half done with it.

  • Making a knitting pattern is hard! I truly appreciate what everyone goes through to write a pattern. I have written my first one this week. Now I just need to test it, NOT in Hot Green (because I tried it in Hot Green!) :)

  • Some women put up with a lot of crap when they are dating someone. Thankfully, I am not one of them, but I was at a wedding tonight and I ran into a couple that I have known for a long time, she was a friend of my sisters and he was a year behind me in high school (we also grew up in the same neighborhood). He made some weird comments to me, right in front of his fiancĂ©...like "if it doesn't work out with her I'm gonna look you up"! No no no!

  • And lastly, I can do cables! Thanks to Cristina, she sent me the pattern (yes, I did start it in Hot Green). It looks brilliant, I worked on it Friday night while watching Pride and Prejudice (the BBC version). Which I am also very fond of, can't go wrong with Colin Firth. I've also discovered that I am very much a Lizzie Bennet. I've started to read P&P but haven't ever finished it. Always get sidetracked by something else.

That's all for now, I am TIRED! and I'm pretty sure I'm not really making much sense right now.

Comments

  1. CAbles make you look like a super genius, so play it up!!

    Congrats on having such good friends...and realizing it !

    :)happy monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts