Questionnaire for Spring into Summer!

When did you learn to knit? Who taught you?
I learned to knit about 3 years ago when I was living in Aurora, IL. There is a great little local knitting store in Naperville and if you buy your supplies there they will teach you to knit. So, that's what I did. I loved my first set of needles, unfortunately I now only have one of the needles left. My dog, Oscar, chewed one of them up. :(

What was your very first completed object? Your most recent?
A scarf, isn't that just about everyone's first? Most recently I finished my first dishcloth.

What was the very first thing you sent to the frog pond? (pulled out and started over) Your most recent?
Probably a scarf. :) Most recently I frogged a caplet.

What is currently on the needles for you?
Currently I'm working on a beret.

What types of needles do you enjoy working with? What have you tried and hated?
Wood. I think that this is because my first pair was wood, looked handmade and I love the idea of working with needles that feel like they weren't mas manufactured because I am making something that isn't mas manufactured.

Have you knit dishcloths before?
Just one. But I love it and I can't wait to do more. I just joined a yahoo group of dishcloth KAL.

What was your favorite one?
The one I just made. Very spring like, I love spring and fall.
Least favorite?
Don't have one yet.

Do you use homemade dishcloths or face cloths yourself, or give them as gifts, or both?
I will start using them, but I think I will also use some as decorations and gifts.

What are your favorite and least favorite scents? (For your body, such as soap/lotion/etc)
I love lavender, jasmine, vanilla as long as it's not to strong. Least favorite would be anything too flowery and strong.

What are your favorite colors?
Red and black are probably my favorite colors. But I really like anything warm. And I would love to get something in a color that I wouldn't choose myself. I think that's part of the fun, moving outside of your box.

What colors (if any) are your bathroom and kitchen decorated in?
One Bathroom is yellow and white, the other is blue, tan and green. My kitchen is really a hodge podge cause I haven't decided yet, but I am thinking maybe a rustic Tuscan theme.

What other hobbies and crafts do you enjoy?
I love to read, watch movies, run around with my dog, meet new people, just generally be outdoors during this time of year.

Chocolate: Dark? White? Milk? Ew?
Milk all the way! Mmm Dove milk chocolate.

Do you like salty treats? What kinds?
I'm not into salty, unless it's a salty sweet combo. Trail mix RULES!

If you could go anywhere in the world for one day and spend the day any way you wanted, where would you go and what would you do?
I would go to Greece. And I would just the day taking EVERYTHING in.

Do you have any allergies? (Yarns, foods, etc. that might impact what your pal can send)
Nope, I'm pretty easy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts